Happy Tuesday people! We got through Monday woohoo.
I had so much trouble waking up yesterday morning… our bedroom was freezing from the AC blasting and I was under three blankets – so warm and cozy. I think I need to stick to waking up early on the weekends so Monday mornings aren’t so hard… but maybe not 😉 .
I somehow got myself out of bed and to the gym. I’m doing this workout plan this week – it’s a good mix between cardio and strength training, and the workouts fly by! Today’s workout was 30 minutes on the bike, arms, and butt. Solid start to my Monday. BTW – I’m going to create a new workout plan for myself once I get this boot off on Friday, depending on what the doctor says I can/can’t do, so stay tuned for that.
I picked up some much-needed Starbucks on my way to work, and drank that with a Chocolate PB Quest Bar for my brekky.
For lunch I had a big salad with baby spinach, carrots, so many tomatoes, an avocado, and light balsamic. Yum.
That kept me full well into the afternoon, but I still snacked on an apple the size of 1/2 my face before leaving the office.
When I got home I drank the rest of the kombucha I started on Friday. I usually drink a whole booch in one sitting, but for some reason wine sounded a little bit better to me Friday night 😉 .
Then my sister and friend came over to watch The Bachelorette season finale!! We ordered sushi, of course. I had my usual simple avo and cuc rolls, along with some miso soup and a little salad.
I thought I’d share ten random facts about me, since I’ve been blogging for about a month now and I haven’t done this yet!
- I’m half Greek (my dad came to America when he was 18) and I grew up spending many of my summers in Greece!
- I have a younger sister who’s 2 1/2 years younger than me, but we look like identical twins. Whenever we’re together we get asked if we’re twins at least three times.
- I have a black belt in Kenpo style Karate… so don’t mess with me. (JK I think I remember literally nothing – I stopped doing martial arts years ago.)
- I am obsessed with all animals, especially dogs. Point out any dog to me on the street and I’ll tell you the exact breed. I’ll even tell you what breeds make up a mutt.
- I used to compete in road races all the time – the half marathon was my favorite (my PR is 1:38 – 7:30 min/mile) and I ran the Boston Marathon! But road racing has lost its magic for me and I’m currently on a long, possibly never-ending break from it… and I’m so much happier. More on this topic to come in a future post 🙂 .
- My boyfriend and I met on an online dating app and we’ve been together for over three years and now live in Boston together!
- I majored in “Engineering Psychology”.
- I spent a month living on a sailboat in the Caribbean. I think we only walked on land three times the whole month. I need to do this again!!
- I am a complete neat freak. I need everything to be in its place and everything around me to be clean. (This is quite the major bickering subject for my boyfriend and I 😉 .)
- I can break dance. Sort of.
Now please tell me some random facts about YOU!! I’d love to hear!
Also, what’d you think of The Bachelorette finale? I thought meh. We didn’t even finish it haha.